Monday, June 27, 2011

Apologies and Forgiveness...

Oh my goodness. I almost had a heart attack yesterday. No big deal! Metaphorically speaking. Ok rewind. Let's start from the beginning. Yesterday in Sunday school we were asked a serious question.

"If you only had two more days left to live, what would you do? Who would you  see?"

Well, this question struck me hard. Because you see I'd had this thought of what I would do that whole week before. So because this was brought up on this particular day, I decided to actually ACT upon my thoughts. So I sent a text and hoped he would reply. And to my surprise, he DID! My heart jumped out of my chest, down my throat to my stomach. I was so stunned when he asked if I wanted to talk on the phone. But I could hardly contain how I felt. I was so overcome with joy! This is what I had been waiting for, for longer than I can remember. I had been feeling so down and sad because of things I'd said and done to this individual. As the phone rang, my heart was pounding harder than it had in a LOOONNNG time! He answered and we talked as if nothing had been wrong. He's always been one that I could talk to so easily. So then, I got down to the nitty gritty. I DID IT!! I apologized and its like a load of stress had been lifted from my shoulders. I told him how bad I felt and how truly sorry I was, I asked for forgiveness. He said, "of course i forgive you!" Music to my ears. We caught up like you would with a long time friend who you haven't seen for ages. Which let's be honest, that's kind of how it felt. Then we ended the conversation on a good note! Something that hadn't happened for a long time. It felt AMAZING! I've been on what I like to call a spiritual high of happiness? Yep, thats it. :) And it feels SO good. 
I hope you enjoyed this as much as I did in the moment! 

No comments:

Post a Comment